Finished: Butterscotch Lacy Cardigan

11:38 Renée 5 Comments

Well, long time no blog! I have some good news though, I will finally get back to more regular blogging from now on. As you know my computer was broken (well, still is) and we do have another one, but it's my boyfriend's and he needed that to work on his transfer thesis (and for relaxation he games). But he finally finished that and uni has started again which means he will be working from his office more often instead of being home all the time. So I finally get the chance to use his computer! I'm also sorry I haven't commented on anyone's posts lately, but I promise, I do read them!

So today I finally have a finished object to share with you! The pictures aren't in my 'regular format' - I had to take pictures with my dress form as a model this time and I'm not able to edit them either. But whatever, it's about the garment, right?



The original motivation to knit this cardigan came from a 1930's picture I saw somewhere a while ago. In the picture a lady was wearing a lovely lacy, baggy, v neck cardigan (why I didn't save/pin the picture I don't know). I started searching for a 1930s or 1940s pattern for something similar but couldn't find anything. Then this pattern popped up on eBay and I decided it was close enough. The pattern is Wendy #4062. It has no date on it, but I'd guess it's from the early 90's.



The pattern originally has bobbles all over, but after swatching I realised that I would like the cardigan better without bobbles, so I left them out. The yarn I used was - again - Stylecraft Life 4 ply in Butterscotch. I cast on on April 12 and finished it on May 24. As far as I can remember I knitted up the pattern pretty much exactly as written except that I swapped the 2x2 rib for a 1x1 rib. I love this cardigan so much and it has been so very practical as well. I'd forgotten how much I love a baggy fit and I'd also forgotten how much I love cardigans. I will probably knit up a second version come spring, though I might replace the stitch pattern with another design for a bit more variation.





I'll be back soon with another finished project. This time it's something that wasn't on my list to knit at all!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a beautiful cardigan! I think I also prefer it without bobbles, good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so cozy!!
    Good call not including the bobbles. But yay you're back to blogging, that is great news!!

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous knit and I prefer it bobble-free too. Stylecraft Life is such a great yarn, its in my stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice about the bobbles. It is so much more elegant your way. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty pattern! I'm surprised at how 30's/40's that cardigan looks, even though it isn't! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment or ask any questions - they are very much appreciated!