Finished: 1940s Hooded Blouse - Advance 2943

16:31 Renée 5 Comments

Gosh, it's been a while since I've shared a finished project!! Before my big sewing hiatus started this summer I actually managed to finish 3 garments: two blouses and one skirt. I did an attempt at photographing then but wasn't happy with the pictures (it was extremely windy and my hair and clothes kept getting blown away). I also wasn't happy with the way the green blouse and mustard yellow skirt looked together - I thought they where a good match but when I saw the pictures I just thought they looked odd somehow. So naturally I planned to re-do the shoot but it never happened. Now that we are halfway through November I thought it was high time to accept the pictures as they are and finally put them on the blog. It only took me 4 to 5 months! Whoops

First up is the 1940s bottle green hooded blouse (though you get a peek of the mustard yellow skirt too).




The pattern is Advance 2943. Originally this blouse has a collar but I really really wanted to have a blouse with a hood (this was before I purchased Simplicity 3322 which has a hooded blouse). I just love hoods. I drafted the pattern piece myself and it fit onto the neckline perfectly on the first draft! I did decide to eliminate the pointy-ness which is normal in 1940s hoods.





The pattern has pleated breast pockets, is gathered into a yoke at front and back, sleeves are gathered into a cuff and, my favorite detail, has darted sleeve heads. I just love the shape it creates.




5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I too adore darted sleeve heads. All in all, lots of great details on this blouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so professional! Lovely addition of a hood. Fits you perfectly and I love this color green. Well done:) I know the work that goes into these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously gorgeous! I just love the colour especially how it looks against your skirt and the addition of the hood is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife is looking for a hooded blouse similar to the one you have made. She wants the hood to be loose fitting when worn up and is unsure exactly how to size it. We thing a depth of 10 inches from neck / collar to fold and from fold to open edge. Would you agree or suggest otherwise. Thanks, Mike and Jane

    ReplyDelete

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment or ask any questions - they are very much appreciated!